Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just put a dent behind the rear wheel of my truck, it's a decent size but it's pretty shallow without any big creases in it. I was wondering if there's any way I could pop the dent back out on my own as I've heard of this being done before? Sorry I have no way of taking a pic of it at this moment as my cell phone is broken.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey bud,

I just had my fiancee take my truck and run a foot long crease on the side of the front passenger fender.

Had a paintless dent repair come out and take it out for $90. You have to be right on it to tell anything was done. Took him about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Is PDR where they use suction cups to slowly pull the dent?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Silvery13 said:
Is PDR where they use suction cups to slowly pull the dent?
Sometimes they use suction cups to pull dents but this time the guy got behind the dent and massaged it out. I believe it depends on the damage. I want to say creases like mine require a massage techniqute and the more tradtional dent can use suction. I'm not an expert thought. Definitely worth investigation.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
^Thanks! I learn something new every day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
+1 ^ I have seen PDR successful on many vehicles. Pretty cheap when you think of the alternative.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can vouch for these dent repair companies as well. I just bought a pre owned Silverado 2 weeks ago and noticed a dent where a molding crease ran through. A guy came out to my house, set up in my driveway, and finished under an hour. It cost $100. There was definitely an art to it, I would not recommend doing it yourself.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Or both. :twisted:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.