Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 HC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can get a software update from the factory that disables DFM?
GM has to have one somewhere!! If you can by a module that disables it, it should be an update out there.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Boss LT L84 10L90
287 Posts
Nothing available from GM, the DFM is there for emissions purposes (no matter how misguided) and they never would or could sell anything to defeat it.

Keep in mind, 2019 up with a 10 speed requires the Pulsar, a range will not work.

·
Registered
2019 HC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing available from GM, the DFM is there for emissions purposes (no matter how misguided) and they never would or could sell anything to defeat it.

Keep in mind, 2019 up with a 10 speed requires the Pulsar, a range will not work.
I’ve seen the pulsar and it looks pretty cool, but do you have to remove it every time you go in for maintenance?

·
Registered
2021 Sierra ext cab Elevation 5.3l 4x4
169 Posts
took my
Yeah. I’m too forgetful. I can see that going badly. I’ll just deal with DFM, luckily I can’t tell when it does it’s thing, it’s pretty smooth.
Took my 2021 sierra to the dealer, today. I have the 5.3 with the ten speed. I wish it was smooth like yours. I get a vibration thru the steering wheel and the floor that's very annoying to me. It happens at 35, 45, and 55. Dealer said there's nothing he can do to make it go away. Told me when I was leaving to check Amazon and Ebay for a device that plugs into the OBD port that will bypass the DFM. Don't want to spend any more money on a $50,000 truck that should be close to perfect for that price.
Duane

·
Registered
2019 HC
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
took my

Took my 2021 sierra to the dealer, today. I have the 5.3 with the ten speed. I wish it was smooth like yours. I get a vibration thru the steering wheel and the floor that's very annoying to me. It happens at 35, 45, and 55. Dealer said there's nothing he can do to make it go away. Told me when I was leaving to check Amazon and Ebay for a device that plugs into the OBD port that will bypass the DFM. Don't want to spend any more money on a $50,000 truck that should be close to perfect for that price.
Duane
I have a 2019 HC. Got it used with 22k miles. I’ve heard of issues with some of
the 2021s. They have the same drivetrain, don’t know if it’s a certain build date, but anyway, it sucks to drop over 50k for a truck, that should at least have a button to push to deactivate that shit if you don’t want it.

·
Administrator
6,126 Posts
I hear you. AFM and DFM suck. The truck was designed by GM to meet certain specific requirements set forth by the Federal government for emissions and fuel economy standards. It would be illegal for GM, or any other manufacturer, to offer any possible way for the customer to defeat any of those designed-in systems. Have you read about VW defeating emission systems on their diesel cars? HUGE fines.

Deactivating DFM will not eliminate the chance of lifter failures. It might reduce the chance, but the weak link is still in the motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts