Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Intune today, updated it on my pc as instructed. I plugged it into my 04 Silverado 1500(5.3L) and attempted to program with 87 octane, it failed and will not restore backup to factory. It is stuck in recovery mode and will only continuously attempt restoring, makes it anywhere from 0% to 57% before failing restore. Already emailed diablo and have no way to call during my duty hours. Looking for anyway to get my truck running ASAP. I can live with stock, but if I can get the intune fixed and worry free that'd be fine too. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been coming here for months doing research before buying anything but this is my first issue so i had to make a profile. Already emailed lew and diablo, just posted here hoping someone might have went through this and had a possible troubleshoot.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Off the top of my head, I know that issue has happened before when there is ANY kind of power draw (aftermarket stereo/brake controller - anything)

Make sure everything in the truck is powered down and your battery is fully charged.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
If you have an amp or aftermarket radio pull the fuses... disconnect it.

Worst case scenario go to the dealership for a flash... and tell them they have to disconnect the radio stuff for tue flash else they'll try to sell you a pcm

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Pull the factory radio and amp fuse under the hood, I had this issue with my 05, though using a different programmer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Managed to sneak a call in during lunch and tech explained to me that the wiring harness for my stereo causes interference between tuner and truck. Pulled radio out and back to factory it went. Programmed with 87 tune and it works great, haven't gotten a chance to drive it off base yet but just below 30mph I can tell a difference.

For future reference, would pulling the fuse to the radio do the trick, instead of taking my whole deck out and cramming it back in everytime I want to change something?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
yes it should... anything aftermarket, i.e. stereo, subs, amps, nav, satellite receiver, etc.. anything aftermarket needs to be disabled/pull the fuses for it... and yes you would have to do that every time you go to install a tune...

·
Premium Member
6,959 Posts
I've got an older Diablo tuner for my Duramax. I have to pull the radio fuse every time I tune it... not a big hassle for adding such crazy power :twisted:

·
Registered
91 Posts
usaf12691 said:
Managed to sneak a call in during lunch and tech explained to me that the wiring harness for my stereo causes interference between tuner and truck. Pulled radio out and back to factory it went. Programmed with 87 tune and it works great, haven't gotten a chance to drive it off base yet but just below 30mph I can tell a difference.

For future reference, would pulling the fuse to the radio do the trick, instead of taking my whole deck out and cramming it back in everytime I want to change something?
Glad you got it taken care of,Them guys and Lew are standup people to do business with ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.