Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a used InTune today for $250 bucks. Got it all updated today and filled my truck with 93 fuel and loaded the diablo tune. Boy did it wake the truck up! I turned off AFM and its like a new truck. If any of yall are debating on getting one..do it! Next will hopefully be a custom tune from Lew to see what it can really do!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats man. I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. I only did the 87 octane tune and turned off the AFM and just with that, its a completely different truck now. I put on the firm shift too and it is amazing when you get on it. I'm afraid to put on hard shift option because I'm not sure how good it is on the transmission, but still its sweet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just got mine last week too. I can't keep my foot off the pedal, the truck is a beast now! It's killing my mileage, I'm almost scared to get a custom tune!

·
Registered
106 Posts
KT71 said:
Congrats man. I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. I only did the 87 octane tune and turned off the AFM and just with that, its a completely different truck now. I put on the firm shift too and it is amazing when you get on it. I'm afraid to put on hard shift option because I'm not sure how good it is on the transmission, but still its sweet.
A hard shift is better for the tranny than a slow one
instead of burning the clutches it putting the car into gear faster
mine is so stiff if I floor it i can get the tires to chirp when i shift from 1st to 2nd

·
Registered
365 Posts
The diablo tune will save you some gas, but only at cruise control. Around town you're really going to eat it up. With Lew's custom tune, you will only eat more fuel than the stock tune at WOT, due to the hp/tq gains. Around town and on the highway you will see much better mileage over both the stock tune and the Diablo tune. The pull will be stronger throughout all the rpm's over the Diablo tune as well. The throttle response will also be close to instantaneous. The shift firmness will be lowered slightly at WOT so your tires don't chirp going from 1st to 2nd like the standard "firm" shift often does to these trucks (but it's still firm and responds more quickly to the throttle). Lew's tune is well worth it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I've noticed the response is much quicker than with AFM on. The truck used to have a slight hesitation to it. Plus I'll take using a little more gas than before compared to burning oil with AFM on. I'll keep the diablo tune on for now until I save up some spare cash for Lew to write me a tune. I haven't heard anything bad about him so I'm excited to really wake the truck up.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not long at all. Make sure you plug it into your computer first and let it update. This took the most time. Installing the tune on the truck should take no longer than 5 to 10 minutes. Also make sure as said before to pull aftermarket radio fuses and I turned off climate control and dome lights. Some guys had issues with these things on saying the tool couldnt find the ECM.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
2012silveradoZ71 said:
Got myself a used InTune today for $250 bucks. Got it all updated today and filled my truck with 93 fuel and loaded the diablo tune. Boy did it wake the truck up! I turned off AFM and its like a new truck. If any of yall are debating on getting one..do it! Next will hopefully be a custom tune from Lew to see what it can really do!

X2. I just did the same thing, and it is a day night difference. I purchased mine for $260.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hit up AJ on here from AutoAnything. He gives good deals from what I hear. If you're looking to get the custom tune as well hit up Lew. (06monteSS) You'll find AJ's profile on the vendor section of the forum..check around craigslist too. I got mine at a pretty good price in the original box with all the instructions, cords, etc.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I purchased mine on EBAY. It was used once, and properly unmarried from the first vehicle. I performed the updates and no issues with the programmer. It looked absolutely brand new and for over $120 off the original price.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
There is an expensive way to fix it... call diablo sport and ask for another license to unlock it.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have mine coming in the mail (I purchased it used from another user on this forum). Hopefully my wife will give in and let me use it right away its suppose to be a Xmas present. Cant wait to use it im coming from a Duramax that had a Edge chip and I'm missing a little power but im loving the LTZ package and how "tight" everything feels.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
MadHatter said:
if you buy one used and its not properly unmarried is there a way to fix it or is it an expensive paper weight?
it will cost you $160 to have diablosport unlock/reset it... plus you have no warranty buying used....

I sell the inTune and I also offer a package deal that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$. ;)

You can find info about it, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com and http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.