Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my diablo intune for my birthday installed it tonight and turned off dod. can i install the diablo tune and run 87 octane or do i have to run 93 with the diablo tune? so far i just installed the 87 tune. i would like to run the diablo tune if i can run that with 87 octane not 93.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I suppose you can but I don't know if you'll damage anything and you certainly will not get the performance gain. Id imagine you'll run lean, rich, or induce knock or something else. If you're running 87 octane run the 87 tune for best results. The Diablo team knows what they're doing and they included an 87 tune for a reason.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
If you load the diablo tune in, you must run the high octane fuel. One of problems if you choose to run the 87 with diablo tune would excessive engine ping...

·
Registered
59 Posts
09chevyman said:
If you load the diablo tune in, you must run the high octane fuel. One of problems if you choose to run the 87 with diablo tune would excessive engine ping...
I'm confused. I was under the impression the Diablo Intune/Trinity came preloaded with several different tunes, including an 87 octane one. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
One of the preloaded tunes on the Diablo Intune is called the Diablo Tune or some refer it as high octane tune. Then you also have the 87 tune and the mpg tune...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.