Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background:
I was home on Monday, and my wife was working about 5 miles away. I texted her several times, but never heard back from her. (Which, is not necessarily a bad thing. LOL) When I met her for lunch, of course I got accused of ignoring her texts. So I showed her I never got them. (But she got mine.) We texted each other side by side, and again she got mine, but I didn't get hers. When we returned home for the evening, same thing. So I checked all the settings on both phones, (She has an iPhone 11, I have a Galaxy S10e.) Still no texts from her. I then deleted her as a contact, and reinstalled her as a contact. Still no texts from her. Then miraculously just before we went to bed, all of a sudden, started getting her texts. (New texts only.)

Now....when using voice commands to call her, or receiving her incoming call, I used to get her photo on the HU screen, AND on the DIC....But now, I only get her photo (It's actually one of our dogs,) on the HU screen, and not on the DIC.

I checked all the settings, and everything looks good.

Thoughts?

(Sorry for the long winded explanation.)

·
Administrator
6,530 Posts
That's a weird one, Jeff. Maybe update/reboot both phones? Not sure about the HU in the truck. Maybe disconnect your battery for 10-15 minutes to see if something resets?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I know someone having something similar that we're trying to figure out. The only thing I have been able to figure out for them is:
Have her text something short, then something that's long enough to be an SMS message. See if that changes anything.
I'm not a big phone person, but I would see if the phones are sending both on the same 4g or 5g.
Any chance you were only getting texts if they came through wifi?

·
Premium Member
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know someone having something similar that we're trying to figure out. The only thing I have been able to figure out for them is:
Have her text something short, then something that's long enough to be an SMS message. See if that changes anything.
I'm not a big phone person, but I would see if the phones are sending both on the same 4g or 5g.
Any chance you were only getting texts if they came through wifi?
Got that part of it fixed.....not sure how....but now I'm trying to figure out why, when she calls me in the truck I'm seeing her "contact profile picture" displayed in the upper right corner of the HU, but not in the DIC, when I used to see it in both places.

·
Premium Member
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update.....
So....I now know what the solution is with the second half of my problem, which was:

when using voice commands or steering wheel button commands to call or receive , I used to get a contact profile photo on the HU screen, AND on the DIC....But now, I only get the photo on the HU screen, and not on the DIC. (Just a "silhouette.")

And the solution is......there isn't any. It seems that Android Update 11 caused this, and there is no fix right now. Perhaps when Update 12 comes out it will restore the function. I have written to Samsung and Google.

·
Administrator
6,530 Posts
Sometimes I think Android and Apple do updates just to do updates. Then of course we have to have update to fix the update.

Reactions: roorancher
1 - 6 of 6 Posts