Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many members own the almighty duramax motor in their trucks?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
There are quite a few Dmax owners on the site. I personally dont have one but i built it for 5.5 years before i got laid off if that counts :)

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Well, I want one, if that counts! I'm planning on making dead sure my next Sierra is an oil-burner (if the gubment doesn't ban them first).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had one a few years back, and loved it. I had a 31ft trailer I pulled with it, but once I sold the trailer there was no need for it. I went to the 5.3 and now the 6.2 for pulling my boat. If I had a heavier load to pull on a regular basis I would buy one again. They are sweet trucks and can pull like nothing else. I just can see paying that price for one, when the 6.2 will do the job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2011 Silverado HD Duramax LTZ this weekend past. The wife got sick of me on the internet looking at it for the past 2 years and thought she would get more attention from me if she let me buy it. Man I love her to death but she made the wrong assumption like I have time to give her more attention now!!!!. LOL. I love my new kid and this is probably the happiest time of my life. Beautiful looking truck and power to spare....

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Yay, now I've got one, too :D !

·
Registered
1 Posts
At 18 years old and after dreaming about buying my dream truck I narrowed it down and researched for months. About a year went buy when finally I got he itch and I made my move. Only 4 months out of highschool and working 3 jobs, I picked out my dream truck. I put a deposite down and waited 2 weeks to borrow the money. Got a layover flight from Newark NJ to Memphis TN on a friday. Inspected the truck for 2 Hours and signed the papers on saturday. Had it home Sunday night after driving over 1,100 Miles! I could not be happier with the truck.

I paid $21,850
145,000 Miles
2006 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Short bed.
Full Leather interior, electric front Heated seats, stearing wheel controls, bose sound system

I saw as much as 21 mpg until I hit the mountains in VA. Average 18 on and off Highway and often like to hear it roar.
I purchased it with no cat, no Muffler.

within 1 week I had a goosneck Hitch installed and I began testing it out. Light at first with a 36ft alunimum enclosed trailer

and leading up to a 24 ton 20ft flat deck fully loaded with between 25,000-30,000Lbs of hard wood from hurricane sandy. I was between 32,000-40,000 GCVW The truck pulled quite well considering It was sitting on the bump stops before we through the last 8,000LBs of wood on the trailer.

The front was jacked way up when I first bought it but the second time I hauled logs I lowered both sides 10 turns to make it not look as overloaded.

I installed a meyers classic ez mount plow to it and am midway through the wiring ATM. I purchased a pair of Timbren Rear suspension enhancers to help hold the weight of towing for the future.

Another addition I am planing to make to be safer and legaly hold more weight is switch to 225x75x19.5 tires rated for 4,500LBS each giving me a 9,000LB Rear axle rating Over the 6,480LB from factory.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey
I saw a 06 Dk blue Duramax, 98,000 mile and the dealer wouldn't budge on the price... So I said under one conduction it must have pass plates on it. He said OK..
It took me all week to get the loan (you know get the vin ,miles yata yata)(and he was about 40 miles away) so I had to wait till Friday anyway for the wife to take me… He called me at least once a day for the next 5 days 5x … when I got there with check in hand he had commercial plates on it(UG!!! :( :x ) and he wanted 800 bucks for the 5th wheel attachment … So I walked away……. What's another name for a donkey???

The next week I found one almost a twin Duramax (but better) same color and an 05 with 64,000 and it came with the 5th wheel attachment, aluminum 4 section bed cover, Banks 6 shot system,(exhaust and all ) . From what I've been told it has a factory towing package in it electric towing mirrors and rear stabilizing air bags extra cool, & so on.

ps this dealed put pass plates on it

And 4GRAND less
sorry so long

·
Premium Member
7,005 Posts
Check for codes... sounds like a fuel pressure issue.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I went from a1997 6.5 one ton dump truck to my 6.6 3/4 ton extended cab. The new one is an 08. It has gobs more power and I tow a gooseneck 20' dump trailer with it. I can haul more now then I could with the dump.I am keeping the dump as my plow truck, looking for a salter to put in the dump!

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a 14 3500 ccsb z71. pretty stock so far except for lift wheels and tires. Bought a trailer and a dropped wd hitch for my previous lifted half ton. Towed once with it and bought the new 1 ton so switched the wd hitch and bars over to the new one. Will have steps and a few small plastic mods on tues.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado RST
278 Posts
Bought my first Duramax last month. '09 CCSB LTZ. Really loved my 6.0L 2500HD but got tired of listening to it scream its guts out pulling the 5th wheel uphill. Big difference with the D-Max, just yanks that thing anywhere I point it without even struggling.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Who's raced there Dmax I ran a 14.03 in the 1/4 the other night on my 4th tune of 5

1 - 20 of 21 Posts