Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like the title says I just put a new headunit kenwood dmx893s and Idatalink maestro RR with gm5+ into my 2007 nbs Silverado ltz w bose system. And everything was retained steering wheel, on star, chimes everything is working. Except... the rear audio controls and rear speakers. The guys I've talked to at maestro say that their unit is not responsible for the retainability of these controls. And crutchfield tech support says the the rear speakers are ran through the rear seat controls due to the dual zone capabilities. So my theory is until I get it back functional I won't have rear speaker sound. Anyone have any experience with this!? So far I know for a fact that head unit is putting out signal out of the rear outputs so either the maestro unit, or bose amp, or rear seat controls is causing the problem.

Thanks for any advice or help

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright so now I got some information.. but not a lot of answers. I unplugged the harness on the back off the RSA unit and was unable to get a reading.. however when I got to the bose amp I got 6.7-6.8v across all speakers. However when I connected a speaker straight the amp, the volume on the rear channels was significantly less. Almost as if the amp was just by passing the signal without amplifying it.. but then why is it still not coming out of the speakers? I was planning on just hardwiring it from the amp to door speakers bypassing the RSA but would like the full volume.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.