Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to buy a new 2013 but just found out I can get the new body style for just $120 and seeing if that extra is justified. What do you think? Big difference?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Depends on your bank account and if you are one of those guys that has to have to latest and greatest toys. Personally I'd by the '13 after the '14 is avail when they are trying to move old inventory at a discounted rate. If money doesn't matter then by all means by the '14.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I personally don't make buying decisions on the amount of the monthly payments. Focusing on that takes you attention off the bottom line trade difference or outright purchase price. Get a purchase price in minds that you are comfy with and decide if the payment makes sense in your budget.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought me a 2013 chevy 1500 LT 4x4 a couple of weeks ago. It was lightly used with around 25,000 miles. The same day my parents bought the 2014 chevy 1500 LT Texas Edition 4x4. So I can tell you the big differences. The 14 does have a noticable amount of more power then the 13. The 14 is super quite with almost no road noise. It's like driving a car in a way. The 14 is also very smooth riding. But they put a leveling kit on there's and it makes it sit like a truck. The new touch screen stereo is very nice and the interior just looks much better. Both trucks are getting about 16 mpg. The rear bumper step on the 14 is actually very handy. Also the 14 and 13 are ext. cabs and I like how the 14 rear door opens from the outside. I like the 14 but don't think I would pay the extra money for it since its the first generation of the new model (more prone to problems). I like knowing that my 13 has hopefully been perfected since they have been making the model for like 7 years. I just always here problems with the first generation of any new model vehicles. This is all just my opinion since I get to drive both and i am around both. Any questions about either just let me know.

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,459 Posts
It qould depend on your financial situation. But I would go with the 2014. But I would also be damn sure I could afford the extra $120. Also im not sure if your insurance would be the same or more with the 2014, so that is also a factor.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
All depends on the bank account, period. The 14's are nice for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As has been noted, it definitely all depends on your bank account. Another $120 a month is a lot of money for most people. I know it would be for me, given my house payment, college loans, land note, payment for my wife's vehicle, etc... If it were me, I would buy a 13 and wait until they iron out any kinks with the new generation.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If your financing for five years,
thats 7200.00 more than a '13, and in my opinion not worth it.
I am however, the first to say that opinions are like a certain part of the body that everyone has....
Also as others have said, you are more likely to have problems with the first year of the new body style.

Joe

·
Registered
533 Posts
Here's something that might be more helpful than my last post;
I know from my own experience that, when I have had a car payment that was in the higher range of what I felt
comfortable with, I did not enjoy the vehicle as much as other ones that were not as nice.
I bought a new '08 during gms employee discount( stripped down work truck, did have power windows, locks, keyless though)
I had a car payment of around 200.00.
I enjoyed this truck more than my last one that cost ten grand more, mostly because I wasn't worried all the time about something happening to it and I had plenty of money left over so I didn't care about extra fuel if I wanted to go for
a long drive on the weekend or whatever.
One day I put a nice long scratch in the side of it with something I was carrying.... I mostly just blew it off.
If it had been the last truck, I would have been sick for a month.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.