Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband replaced the entire dash in our OBS 1999 1500. When they were finished, they noticed there was an extra harness that they must have forgot to put on. We have no idea where it belongs or if its just an extra wire that came with the dash. Everything seems to be working properly except the AC will only blow on floor mode. The truck has been sitting for a few years so we don't know if that's related to this extra harness we found or if it's something else.

The wire colors are:
orange, green, black, light blue gray
tan, orange with black stripe, green

The sticker on it is labeled 2903 and I can't find anything on Google with that #. I've been looking at wiring diagrams and can't seem to find any that has an orange wire with a black stripe like this one has.

Thanks for your help!
Finger Thumb Terrestrial plant Wood Rock-climbing equipment
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Vehicle
Hand Bicycle handlebar Leaf Finger Thumb

·
Registered
2009 Silverado
24 Posts
I would second the stereo harness comment, but more specifically the slave CD or Tape player that would mount below the climate controls

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! I searched radio removal on YouTube and it confirmed that's the plug for the stock radio. We have an after market radio so no wonder we had this one left out. Thanks again!
Automotive design Gadget Automotive tire Audio equipment Auto part

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I love it when someone gets back on here and updates what they found out! Thanks for that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts