Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 stock lml. It has 4000 miles on it. I have never seen a regen message. I have been told by the dealer that it is probably doing light cleanings and not to be concerned. If that is the case they say I may not get a message. Does this make sense? I did get an add def message at about 1600 miles. I put 3 gallon in it then. The dealer said it will probably give me the "need def" message at about 6000 miles. It is hard to get a definite answer. The book doesn't seem very clear about it. The book says I am suppose to get a regen message in the "D.I.C." I guess some of the older Trucks turn on a green light when it is in the regen mode. The 2015 does not say that in the book. Please advise. Thanks to all

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,569 Posts
Well the dpf (diesel particulate filter) and def (which is just the fluid, the system is called scr, selective catalytic reduction) are two separate systems.

It is possible that if the driving conditions were right, that the dpf may not have cleaned itself yet.

The dpf injects fuel into the canister to burn all the partuculate matter and let it drip to the bottom of the canister.

The scr is always injecting small amounts of def. Def fluid is on average 3 times fuel milage.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have 14 lml....you wont get a regen message on the DIC. The only way you will know is if you are stopped or at idle and the RPM's are high (around 800) as opposed to roughly 650 during non regen. Or you can do like I did and buy an Edge CTS and it will tell you when it is doing regen and how much soot is in the dpf.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you guys for your input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts