Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed I got the dreaded cracked dash at the top left corner of my airbag. I have a 2012 Sierra Denali I bought back in April . It was a certified GMC purchased vehicle. I went to the dealership yesterday and low and behold ..... Its not covered . Now I am Pissed the hell off. I have a 30,000 dollar truck and have a cracked dash. What the heck does certified cover? I will be calling GMC as soon as I calm down.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,803 Posts
http://www.gmcertified.com/certified-be ... r-warranty

"Damage or corrosion due to environment, chemical treatments, and/or aftermarket products"

It goes into this category. They consider the sun shining on it environmental damage, also if you lather armorall all over it too.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts
yep, always read the fine print.

And I wouldn't be too pissed the hell off considering all the nitpicky things that dealer fixed in your last thread that most dealers would have let go.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,803 Posts
Put a piece of plastic outside in the sun for 4 years are you see how brittle it is...
What do you expect them to make them out of?? Plastic is cheap and easy to come by, thats why all other manufactures use plastic as well. Beating a dead horse here bud.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ Ferraiolo1

Postby ferraiolo1 » 9 minutes ago

yep, always read the fine print.

And I wouldn't be too pissed the hell off considering all the nitpicky things that dealer fixed in your last thread that most dealers would have let go.

That was not me All I wanted was my steering wheel fixed
and now I want my dash fixed

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,803 Posts
Have you tried a different dealer? GM CPO can be transferred.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts

· Registered
610 Posts
Cracked dash is just a fact of life around here

· Registered
942 Posts
The truck has been on the road for 5 years. If you want perfection, buy a new one. You get these things with used vehicles. I never understood why people get so mad over small things like this. I bought one with an already cracked dash and my dealer offered me one for around $300 something if I installed it myself.

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Y'all want to know what's weird?

Several months back there was another thread on the cracked dash and I replied with the same answer everyone here has given and I was roasted mercilessly for telling the OP to get over it....fast forward a few months and everyone is telling a new cracked dash complainer to get over it.

Sometimes I just don't get this forum...

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
16,428 Posts
Yah, kashmir, I was thinking the same thing. I have seen a lot of love for guys posting cracked dash threads and other times they get roasted. Same goes with every other chronic problems these trucks deal with such as the AFM.

Oh well, I feel for the OP. It would piss me off to no end but I do agree that you are unlikely to get much love at this point from the dealer or GM as sooo many others have found out in the past.

· Registered
610 Posts
Mine is cracked behind the passenger airbag and to the left of the gauge cluster. Doesn't bother me a bit except when it rattles...

· Registered
610 Posts
dRewville said:
wheres this other topic where they were so nice?

I`ll roast them on it too, if it makes anyone feel better
Play Nice :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.