Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2011 Silverado 4.8 and 109,000 miles so far
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 base model Silverado with 4.8 V8, Single cd player stereo. Recently my display will simply go blank on the driver's side while the passenger side seems normal. I can tap on or around the face and the dead side will occasionally come back to life. My truck just turned 60,000 miles and is in great shape. Since I basically listen to news or talk shows I don't have any interest in replacing the radio itself. Is this a known issue and is there a known (and hopefully easy/cheap) remedy. I appreciate any help.

· Registered
2011 Silverado 4.8 and 109,000 miles so far
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the rough;y 3 1/2" by 6" display that shows the radio settings and clock. I do not have NAV...just the base single cd/xm stereo unit. I do not pay for ONSTAR services.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
It's not a completely uncommon thing for the display slowly start to die. There are some companies that you can send the radio to and they will fix it. ( had to do it with a ford I used to have) best route it finding a used stereo or aftermarket one to replace the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.