Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD - driver side rear - turn signal and brake light do not work. Running lights and reverse light works. Everything on the right side works fine. Turn signal on driver front works fine.

Switched out fuse, full wiring harness and bulbs to no avail. Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,978 Posts
What about the switch itself on the column? Usually both front and back and the indicator light wont come on if its the switch, I think, but worth checking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a distribution panel in the wiring harness attached to the frame close to the left taillight. This panel has 4 wiring harness's plugged into it, one from the dashboard, and one to each tail light and the trailer hitch. If you live where there is snow and salt, it it probably corroded. You may be able to diagnose this by testing to see if all the lights function correctly at the trailer connector.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The truck is currently at the dealership. They have so far determined that the harness for the headlights and directional is bad. They also said it might need a new BCM, but don't know yet. 3 hours to diagnose the problem is their guess. I'm thinking this will be a $1,000. fix.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Okay, just got home from the dealer. Cost of repair $591. Harness was bad, BCM is good. The wire coming from the fuse box to the BCM was bad. I could have a new fuse box put it but I can do that myself one day. They bypassed the bad connection and said I still have an inline fuse that will protect the circuit. It was my choice to do the bypass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts