Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic crew cab two wheel drive Duramax .

I accidentally left the driver's window Cracked and it rained and some water got inside the truck on the door panel. Now the window won't roll up door won't unlock and the mirror can't be adjusted from the driver's control panel. Checked all the fuses pulled the circuit breaker pulled the panel apart and the switch assembly but can't find a solution. Even disconnected the battery. I don't want to start throwing Parts at it if somebody might know a simple solution. Next I'm going to see if voltage is getting to the switch panel. Any suggestions?

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts
If all the other doors switches work, you can narrow the problem to the driver door and given the rain exposure and sudden corresponding failure it most likely is the switch panel. I would prove to myself that there was voltage to the switch panel anyways. Did you check that yet?

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
It could be all switches are now shorted or corroded out. I would do some further testing for power coming into the panel and power going out when the switches are activated to test them. But, you are likely looking at pulling the switches out and cleaning them up or replacing them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.