Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
08 Silverado
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has run into the problem of their driver's door lock working when the key fob is used, but not when the door switch is used.

I have a 2008 Silverado 1500 LT with 80K miles on it. The problem started just about a week ago. No maintenance was done in that area (in fact, no maintenance was done anywhere). It just appeared. I replaced the switch on the the arm rest control panel but that didn't do anything, the problem still exists.

Any advice on pursuing this?

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
1,911 Posts
Could also be a wiring problem. Perhaps in the cable bundle as it passes through the door jam (because it flex's every time you open/close the door)...

·
Registered
08 Silverado
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very interesting. I see there are a number of fuses for the power door locks. A bit confusing, too. Fuses for power door lock 1 and power door lock 2 (I would assume driver's door and passenger door) but then there's Driver's Door Power Lock (Unlock). Geez, how many fuses to lock and unlock the door did the engineers feel were necessary?

Just rambling. Thanks for your post.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So you can unlock the door with the switch on the driver's door but not lock it? That would be a switch or faulty wiring from the switch to the actuator.

When my switches failed, they always partially failed, never both ways.

·
Registered
08 Silverado
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you can unlock the door with the switch on the driver's door but not lock it? That would be a switch or faulty wiring from the switch to the actuator.

When my switches failed, they always partially failed, never both ways.
I'm hoping it's something relatively simple as that, but with so much stuff going through computers now, I'm not sure what to think. When the weather cools off I'll be checking wiring.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'm hoping it's something relatively simple as that, but with so much stuff going through computers now, I'm not sure what to think. When the weather cools off I'll be checking wiring.

Thanks
I'm an Electrician by day..let me find some time in between a wild 5 year old today to check the circuit for the best place to look first.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Green wire on the left is the key fob control I'm guessing, but it goes to the relays via blue wire, so they must be working. .. so your problem might be wiring from door switch to the bcm 2nd yellow highlight .I'll double check later on, kinda busy..

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Very interesting. I see there are a number of fuses for the power door locks. A bit confusing, too. Fuses for power door lock 1 and power door lock 2 (I would assume driver's door and passenger door) but then there's Driver's Door Power Lock (Unlock). Geez, how many fuses to lock and unlock the door did the engineers feel were necessary?

Just rambling. Thanks for your post.
Explains the fuse question you had if you look at the bcm inputs..

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Look for a bad ground upper left side of dash(G201 botton right circle)???? Good luck finding it, but you could test by taking the switch out and running a wire to a piece of grounded metal(frame) to the black wire on the switch.
I sure hope we have the right schematic Lol. It appears the BCM recognizes a short to ground at the switch to activate the relays via unlock control (top yellow highlight) which switches the corresponding relay to lock or unlock.

There is also a juntion 502 somewhere, I don't even know what that is used for, but I'm guessing it's whatever else goes to to G201. My guess is follow the black wire from the switch to the junction first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts