Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the exact voltage that runs the DRLs on my '13 Silverado? I currently have them disabled with HIDs. I'd like to run some Morimoto Xb LEDs as DRLs off the DRL circuit. Will the LED's perform correctly with the lower voltage? or will I need to run a relay?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
They are 12 volts. Only reason to disable on the NNBS is because its a waste of ballast life, not because they are dimmer like the older style. I actually have Angel eyes connected to my running lights and LED's across the top of the grill. You can see some photos of my truck and how I used a relay to trip the parking lights in my profile. And before you go nuts trying to find out why the DRL circuit doesnt have a read out with a voltmeter, the DRL circuit is tied to the shifter and off in Park. If you want to test something set the parking brake and put the car in neutral and you will get power to the DRL circuit.

If you need help with the relay let me know, i should just do a how too on it but havent yet...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.