Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
I was looking into to these also, but have not pulled the trigger yet to buy one. I'm hesitant to give up my open floor space. But From what I have read they are made of plastic and are moderately strong. I'm sure they are sufficient for some miscellaneous hand tools and what not, but not sure how strong they are for heavier items. I do like that you can keep a shotgun or rifle stored on the top, Or perhaps a fishing rod or two. I think they are a little on the expensive side though, and would hate to spend that money and not like the product. Personally I would like to check one out first hand before I bought one, but haven't ran into anyone that has one yet. Lots of reviews online about them though if that helps you.

· Registered
36 Posts
i dont think they could replace my tool box but they do serve their purpose. i keep my full with clothes and guns, or whatever i can get stuffed in there. biggest issue is that it cant be too tall or you cant get the seat down. you could get some tools in there but nothing too deep, but i do like mine.

· Registered
52 Posts
vrchevy3 said:
Do they stick out from under the seat, or completely covered up by the seat? If they are completely covered up by the seat, then I do not see how any floor space is wasted.
They sit flush with the seat. But I roll with my back seats in the up position all the time, so the whole back floor is open.

· Registered
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB
3,145 Posts
They can hold a lot but I don't think they have much for dividers, so a dedicated tool box/bag would probably be a lot handier as you can remove all your tools at once to use outside of the vehicle. They are nice though to hold misc stuff and keep it from spilling out onto the floor.

· Registered
1 Posts
I like mine because it keeps stuff from rolling around but there are 2 downsides. First, they don't extend all the way to the back so you can't actually get as much in them as you could before. Secondly, I just had a kid and realized that everything I put in there is now trapped by the car seat unless I want to redo it each time. That said, I do like mine just because stuff stays in place. It's definitely not a replacement for a tool box though unless you don't carry much. I'm a contractor so mine is more for stuff I want to keep neat/dry/etc.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
I have both. Du ha and a tool box. Both come in so handy. I got the under seat box because I was tired of having to get out and grab my tool box key just to get simple things out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.