Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been too long since I've had a stereo system in a vehicle (since my old truck was too hard to mount one in being an extended cab), but with the crew cab I should be able to put in my old system (reconed) but I'm trying to keep things as clean and hole-free as possible. System is probably going to be an Alpine single-DIN headunit with the KTP-445 power pack for the mid/highs, and reusing 4 Sundown SA-8v1's from my old truck behind the seat (if there is room for it)...going to get a new amp to power them, but I need to get power back there. What would be the best way to run 1/0 from the passenger side battery to the amplifier, and to find a decent ground point for the amp?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
If you went from the Driver side there is the main ignition harness and you can tap into that for ground and you can run a power directly from the battery through the firewall and feed it from either side. If you pull the plastic trim up by the doors you should be able to sneak a wire under the carpet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.