Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to swap over to the lt1? I'm kinda bored of the 4.3 and lack of power I know I can get for my truck. I'm thinking of getting a ecotec 5.3 and dropping it in my sierra. Need some help before I go out and buy a motor lol. Anything helps guys!

·
Registered
22,408 Posts
It was a large enough pita in the older trucks. I couldn't imagine how bad it is now. If you're going to do it, at least do the 6.2, it would be the same amount of work. But the v8 ticks are cheap enough. Just trade it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
Which trans do you have? 4L70E? Have to do a complete re-program of the ECU because you are adding a complete different engine. Don't know if you'd have to change transmission parameters and shift points either due to the new motor. Also you'd have to verify the flow rate and psi of the stock fuel system can both support the new motor. It's more than just drop and go, I do know that, but usually when I change the motor sizes, I just go standalone management systems, not stock ECU.

Just my $.02

- J

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd shop around a little first, see what you can get in a trade. You'll get more for your current ride if you leave it stock and you're the first owner. You don't even have to get a 2017 or 2018, you may find a 2014 or 2015 with the motor and configuration you want, and not cost anymore than the work you have planned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
6.2 wouldn't be a bad idea, but they're just so tough to find. I was thinking a swap would be in order next, but by the looks of it, I may just order a sunroof, and cresspo wing for this thing lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I absolutely love this color. Even paid a premium to get Denali headlights, and got them color matched to this truck. My buddy did the color match, and Denali headlights were thru the dealer. All in all this truck is built to my taste, and definitely not going anywhere. Although, I may be going back to a static drop soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Picked the truck up brand new for 23k. Wasn't gonna pass the deal up. All the other v8 trucks I saw were in the 30-34k range. I figured it's a steal at that price. Plus it wasn't too big of a deal to me. It still isn't, but I do kinda miss having a nice exhaust on a truck. No way I would put one on this one though

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've heard a few of the 4.3s with exhaust that sound good at idle. But not as good once they are at speed under throttle.

Truck does look sweet though, really liking the color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts