Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think if I were in the 4.3 motor I would be forcing more air into the cylinder than trying to add cylinders. 4.3 with twin screws or a root supacharga would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Baggedsierra said:
Has anyone attempted to swap over to the lt1? I'm kinda bored of the 4.3 and lack of power I know I can get for my truck. I'm thinking of getting a ecotec 5.3 and dropping it in my sierra. Need some help before I go out and buy a motor lol. Anything helps guys!
did you ever find any more information about this? Interested in doing it as well

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did everything just have problems with the ignition everything in place won't start with the key but it well fire up by press the starter rely

All u need it's
Harness
Ecm
I but a new drive shaft cuz mine didn't fit dorman 946-306
And a new u joint moog 499
And buy the Trasmission crossmember from the v8
That's it

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everything bolts up just fine just need to figure out why it doesn't turn on with the key and why it won't accelerate and Gad and oil and temp don't work
Getting code u0100 I use the v8 ecm might flash the v6 ecm by this week hope it works

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,992 Posts
did you ever get it running right?? About to start my swap and want to know everything to get it running. Also wanted to know if it would pass smog
Passing smog is doubtful considering you just put a 5.3 in a 4.3 truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have any luck yet???
I’m currently in the same situation. 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 4.3 to 5.3 swap. I can’t find a used 4.3 for less than $4k with 110k+ miles. But I can get a 5.3 with 91k for $1,200 with harness, no ecu. Any help with be appreciated. Thanks.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts