Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally deleted my egr off of my duramax. Wasn't to hard to do. Only two issues i ran into. One the coolant return line from the heater core broke off. So had to get a new one of those. It was the plastic disconnect. And the other was the intake tube hold down bolts dont line up right. So im going to have to take it back off here at some point cut the braket off and weld it back in the correct spot. Other than that no real issues. But i took some pics of the intake and the EGR to show the crap that was in it.

Attachments

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update.

Had to modify the hold down bracket a bit in order to make it the way it should be. Cut the bracket and welded a solid piece of aluminum in to make the bracket the correct length. But this was to be expected. Most of the complaints were that the bracket did not line up correctly. was nearly 2" to short of what it should have been.

Attachments

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
City driving I was getting a little over 17mpg and 20mpg highway. But now that winter has hit, With high idle and winter blend fuel. Im sitting at 16.4. waiting for the weather to warm up to get me a better reading.

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, some early MPG results thus far. Only 2 days of running and im sitting at MPG AVG of 19mpg and highway I can hit 26mpg at 55-60. Also through this entire process I had to replace my CP3 pump as well which could contribute to better fuel mileage.

· Registered
4,368 Posts
That could have been accomplished all via software in the ECM. Just turn the EGR off with no codes thrown and ignore it. I have done it to a couple of diesels I owned, none of them Dmax, but solution the same. EGR is ECM controlled. Just turn it off via ECM coding. Simple, effective, and definitely worth doing.

· Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was already turned off via the ECM. Otherwise it would have been worse than it was. Even being turned off. The gases can still push past the valve into the intake. Also didn't like having the coolant run through there. Only takes a crack to cause problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.