Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Silverado LS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen these advertised on television my first thought was what idiot designed this? An electric walk behind lawnmower with headlights.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,381 Posts
Well duh, it's the same thing with drl lights on vehicles. It reduces accidents...

• Haha
Reactions: swathdiver

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Completely useless. Have them also on my Ryobi. Then again, so what? It’s not like two small LEDs consume a whole lot of battery power. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
Gustafson
356 Posts
I wonder if it's strictly a safety feature to let other people know the mower is running. My Greenworks has the LED light but I usually mow in the daylight so it's not needed.
This.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,509 Posts
There actually has been plenty of times where life lately has me scrambling to get things done and I have finished at dark holding a flashlight because I couldn't see that well.... they should have an on/off maybe.. extra couple dollars on the factories end.

·
Administrator
7,325 Posts
Maybe it's to warn snakes and birds to get out of the way because, being electric, they can't hear it coming. 🤣

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,381 Posts
I wonder if it's strictly a safety feature to let other people know the mower is running. My Greenworks has the LED light but I usually mow in the daylight so it's not needed.
Already said that when I stated "Well duh, it's the same thing with drl lights on vehicles. It reduces accidents... "

·
Registered
2000 Silverado 2500, 4x4, 6.0
62 Posts
As an engineer that has worked on designing LED light fixtures (many of which were retrofits of existing fluorescent/HID fixtures)... we always laughed and said if you want to be relevant, add LEDs.

Since then LEDs have become pretty commoditized so not sure that applies anymore. So the mower is a bit late to the game.

I'm willing to bet all the money in my wallet that there is a disclaimer in the instruction manual that says not to mow in the dark. Lawyers/Marketing are always there to save the day. :rolleyes:

Maybe the lights are for parking the mower in dark sheds that have no lights.

·
Registered
719 Posts
There actually has been plenty of times where life lately has me scrambling to get things done and I have finished at dark holding a flashlight because I couldn't see that well.... they should have an on/off maybe.. extra couple dollars on the factories end.
This was my thought on them.. I have them on my Ryobi mower and it's "helped" me a couple times as I tried to cram in a last minute mow before sunset.
It's probably not a NEED.. but I also don't think it's the worse thing in the world.

Now if we open the discussion to pointless warning labels.. BOY would that be a long thread. MAN I hate warning labels and the amount of things that seem to NEED to be stated. 🤐😪🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,005 Posts
Now if we open the discussion to pointless warning labels.. BOY would that be a long thread. MAN I hate warning labels and the amount of things that seem to NEED to be stated. 🤐😪🤦‍♂️
I'll start.
This cape does not enable you to fly.
Do not iron while wearing.
This one is semi-related:
Please call our office if you or your loved one has died as a result of the hernia mesh implant. (Really?)

• Haha
Reactions: Chevrolado

·
Registered
2000 Silverado 2500, 4x4, 6.0
62 Posts
All the lawyers' doing.

We live in a country where you can sue someone for spilling a hot coffee on yourself because there was no disclaimer on the cup that said you were receiving a hot coffee. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Get used to it. 🙂

1 - 16 of 16 Posts