Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 work truck has been having quite a few electrical issues. My cruise control usually does not turn on(ocassionally it will), my lock/unlock switch on the door doesn't work, a few of my climate control dash lights don't work, and my brake lights have been staying on while I drive. (No the parking brake is not on). I also have a headlight out but I think that is just a dead bulb. What could be wrong? Is there a common denominator? Truck has about 80k miles on it. Any ideas at all? Thanks.

· Registered
135 Posts
I don't know how much electrical experience that you have but the first thing I would start with is checking to see if there is any signal going into and coming from the lock and unlock switch when operated. If there is some going to it but not coming out when depressing the switch then the switch is bad. Is your cruise control switch on the steering wheel or is in on the turn signal? The turn signal lever and steering wheel buttons are both known for going out but the steering wheel controls are more time and more costly to replace. As for the brake lights check the brake pedal. There is a sensor that is released when the pedal is depressed. The sensor depresses on a grommet on the pedal assembly. Those grommets like to dry-rot and fall out all the time. If none of those things are individually bad then you will be looking for a common ground or chasing some electrical. If you give me more information on your truck I will look up an electrical schematic and see if they share a common ground.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.