Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Possible type of limb mode. If you don't have a scanner I would take the negative and positive battery cables off and ziptie them together (make sure they don't touch the battery). This will drain all of the electrical components in the system and then after about five minutes reconnect them and see what happens. If it fixes it great, if not I will need to know more information, like when it happened and what you were doing and so on.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
It's not unusual for one symptom to effect another. If a reset doesn't do it like stated above get a code reader on it and start from there.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i will try removing the cables and tie them together this evening, Wasn't doing anything out the ordinary when it happend, and havent replaced nothing as well. The only thing is for about 3 weeks there has been a noise from the engine. only happens for 3-5 seconds or so "sounding like a metal fan blade hitting a shroud" inspected and found nothing. Also ill put a code reader on it in the morning. Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.