Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Sierra 1500 AT4 (5.3L) purchased brand new 13 mos ago. Have 44k miles. Tonight I’m about 100 miles from home and suddenly the dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Check engine light flashing, ESC warning lamp, another warning lamp with a wrench and a message “ESC SERVICE REQUIRED.” Well I’ve had the ghost Check Engine Light randomly pop since it had just 100 miles (and dealer can do nothing if it’s not active…?! Lol) so I kind of ignored it. However pretty quickly I felt like the rear end of my truck was feeling strange, like bouncy/wheels not turning properly or something as I’m driving down Interstate 10. I keep monitoring and realize the truck seems to not respond normally to me pushing the gas/lack of power. I turned off the ESC to see if that would help. Soon after I push the gas and hear a strange sound. Thought it was another vehicle. Realized it was my truck - it was a pop pop pop sound, almost like a backfire but quieter, and coming from the front end/engine compartment. Pull over off road. Put it in park and called onstar. As it’s idling it’s running super rough. Like what the heck?! Service advisor hinted it might be cylinder #1. How is this related to the ESC/rear end symptoms? Glad I got a photo of the codes based on others experiences of “ghost codes”. Anyone else have this happen?
Speedometer Vehicle Car Gauge Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: push rod bent, bend was about 30 degrees and pretty obvious. They are only replacing half the lifters per GM warranty & based on my hours. I also got to see the joys of poor quality gas while they had it open so I am having a de carb & injector service done as well. Hoping I’m not back in service in a few months for the other side; OR, if they are going to fail, they fail while I have extended warranty 😜

1 - 5 of 5 Posts