Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Yeah, they stopped building them in 2013 but keep putting racks on the back of new pickups because folks like the look.

Registered
Gustafson
GM just keeps regurgitating the same old sh*t.... I didn't care for the look of the avalanche; I don't care for the look of the "Silverado" EV....

Super Moderator
GM just keeps regurgitating the same old sh*t.... I didn't care for the look of the avalanche; I don't care for the look of the "Silverado" EV....
I don't care for the E part of that....lol

Registered
GM tried to re-invent something that wasnt neccessary. Meanwhile Ford has introduced a powerful F150 hybrid (powerboost) and the Lightening. All look normal and are widely adopted with minimal overall retooling. Chevy created this abomination when they should have just taken the 2022+ Silverado and simply added the battery setup to get it to market. The fact I cannot raise the back seats out of the way to use the whole rear floorboard for my dog means I will not ever own one. I have owned 2 Avalanches and loved them, but things changed and a truck need to be more utilitarian while allowing for comfort and ability to have 300-600 mile range regardless if it's EV or gas. We are paying outrageous prices for these now, it's time they give us what we are wanting. wishful thinking.

Registered
Ford introduced the electric F150 Lightning with a separate bed that's not attached to the main chassis; which is what a truck is supposed to be. They also have a $40K "Pro" version. GM had no choice but to produce an EV truck as well.

Like it or not, EV trucks and EV cars are going to happen. Tesla has already declared war on the OEMs and it's getting Trillion of $$$$ backup from investors to see this through.

Registered
I don鈥檛 mind the shape too much. It is definitely Avalanche-esque, but of oh well. Looking forward to my EV WT to arrive one day. Hoping for 2024, but more realistically probably early-2025.

One thing I don鈥檛 quite get is that why GM hasn鈥檛 invested more in hybrid vehicles/trucks instead of just going all out electric. The NNBS hybrids didn鈥檛 last long. I would鈥檝e already be interested in a K2xx hybrid if one was available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts