Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 5.3 Silverado

So after adding Gibson Shorties and an inTune, my truck started to knock. First I thought it was the quality of gas, changed to several to no avail. Then I figured my inTune was running to lean so I removed it and the knock was still there.

After several months of trying to figure out what it was, I finally noticed this morning my exhaust pipe is laying on the tranny crossmember; there is no clearance at all.

Any suggestion about how to remedy this?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Is there any play in the exhaust? When you say 'no clearance' do you mean it is touching because there is no room? If it has some play in it, another hanger/brace may need to be welded to pull it off the crossmember.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Loosen the clamp securing the end of the Y pipe to the pipe going to the muffler. Then slightly loosen the hardware holding the Y pipe to the manifolds. Make sure the Y pipe to manifold connections are lined up and re-tighten. Then tighten clamp. If this doesn't help, I would be on the phone with Gibson.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.