Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going everybody.
First time posting on here and haven't been able to find any body that has done any work on their exhaust with the LV3.
The most I've done is shorty headers from JBA, Super 10 muffler single 3" in dual 3" out and dumped at the end of the cab. It sounds damn good at idle and low revs but once I'm on it I get a lot of popping and that terrible ricer sound.

Just wanted to see what other people have done, and get some personal opinions as to what I should do to change it up. I was thinking dual system with two super 40's or 44's but not sure, first vehicle I've actually done any work on.

Thanks!! :D

· Registered
13 Posts
First off welcome to the forum. Either the 14 or the 18 inch 5x8 magnaflow will sound good on the 4.3 i vaugely remember that the straight thru type mufflers are better for the V6 engines as opposed to a chambered style muffler like flowmasters. If you ran an 14 inch maggie out to a pair of 18 inch long 3.5 or 4 inch diameter echo tubes I think youll be happy with it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gookies5 said:
Hey OP, just following up here on your post and wondering if/what you decided on doing with your exhaust. I'm considering doing my 4.3L Ecotec as well.
Sorry about the late reply bud. But I ended up doing a borla pro xs. It sounds defiantly better than the Flow master super10, much quieter inside the cab. It's still a bit high pitch tone on high rpm (lower pitch than the flowmaster. But for now I am satisfied. I do miss the chamber design flow sound on the flowmasters. I'm probably gonna try a dual setup eventually and play with the setup some more when I get some time.

· Registered
5 Posts
Kportie said:
I ended up doing a borla pro xs. It sounds defiantly better than the Flow master super10, much quieter inside the cab.
Possibly able to post some sound clips? I"m leaning heavily towards the Spintech 6000 at the moment, 3in 3out with a 3.5tip, but I've heard fantastic things about Borla

· Registered
4 Posts
I understand this page has been inactive for a while however Im looking at getting headers for my 2014 silverado LV3 and i can only find the JBA shorty headers. Does anyone know if there are any long tubes out there for the LV3 or not? Also how do you like the JBA shortys? All Ive done to my exhaust is a resonator delete with a flowmaster 40, single in duel out, dumping after the cab. Im looking for a louder rasper tone for the truck any suggestions and comments will help a lot. Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.