Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Silverado 1500 4.8L with a stock exhaust. I want to upgrade my exhaust, but I don't know the first thing about what to or not to do. Also, I'm getting ready to move out to California, so I don't know if I should get it while I'm in Florida or wait until I get out there. Any suggestions/recommendations are appreciated! Thanks

-Cameron

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,659 Posts
Budget? That's the first thing to think of. Do you want just a muffler, or a full catback? Those rely on budget as well.

Also, you may want to wait until you get to Cali, because if you get one that drones heavy or with a sound you don't like, you're stuck with it for the drive across the country.

I have a Corsa DB, love it, the sound, the zero drone, the quality, everything. I have been starting my truck while standing outside most of the time ever since I got it, just to hear that first rumble... Not cheap, so if you can't go that route, understandable.

Also, weld it in for sure. Clamps can be used, but they inevitably will fail or need tightening. Easier to remove, but if you do it right and get what you want on the first go, welded in is the best option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.