Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys just looking at this factory air box on my 2013 Sierra 2500HD 6.0 vortex... I have a drop in filter right now.. How well do these motors benefit from a cold air intake?? This factory box looks like it doesn't flow that great with all these extra compartments....

Attachments

· Registered
34 Posts
I did not have any luck finding just a tube for my 2013 2500 HD 6.0. I am sure it was Air Raid I contacted and they said they did not have any because of lack of sales, I ended up going with a complete S&B setup from ebay. I hope you can find one and save some $$$$.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I have a good enough demand, I will make a bunch of the ones I pictured above! I am going to make one tommarow, and paint it.. I will post pictures. Seems like a lot of guys want just the tube!

· Registered
6,883 Posts
SledNeck said:
Ok guys just looking at this factory air box on my 2013 Sierra 2500HD 6.0 vortex... I have a drop in filter right now.. How well do these motors benefit from a cold air intake?? This factory box looks like it doesn't flow that great with all these extra compartments....
I bet a lot of air hides out in those compartments, I don't believe a stock motor can gain any benefit from a CAI which really ends up sucking more hot air than cold air.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.