Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Silverado double cab 4WD, LTZ Z71
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a curious question here. I've noticed several different types of graphics and/or badges denoting just what each & every truck is and what it contains (trim level, 4x4, etc.) Well my new 2014 LTZ Z71 4x4 has no indication that it is a 4wd when indeed it is. I've been asked by a few friends/neighbors if it is a 4wd as they were uncertain due to the truck not indicating such. Apparently, over the years, some GM trucks clearly state what you have and others do not. I've seen on some older models that if you had the Z71 & 4x4 then the graphics/decal clearly stated both. Just curious who makes these decisions and did my truck roll down the 2wd assembly line and miss out on a 4x4 graphic. Comments & feedback welcomed :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
You're better off without the sticker....keep em guessing....

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm confused, if thats a pic of your truck it does have the graphic --> "Z-71 Off Road". From what I've seen the only time the "Z-71" decal had 4x4 on it was for the 2007-13 model years, all other years with the "Z-71" decal say "Z-71 Off Road".

·
Registered
897 Posts
the 14 graphics don't have a 4x4 designation that I've seen.

the z71 suspension package can be put on a 2wd truck, so the nnbs decals came in both z71 and z71 4x4 variants.

looks like the 14s are pretty much 4wd standard besides the wt packages from what I can find on their website

imho, it should only be available on 4wd models. my memories of(and want for) a z71 are from the 98 and earlier body styles. they embodied off road badassness and are one main reason that I bought my truck. now it is only a slightly upgraded set of ranchos, skid plate, decals, and questionably upgraded air cleaner.
you have to get the additional z71 appearance pkg to get body colored mirrors, door handles and front lower bumper. not relly off road awesomeness to me (although my truck has it on there)

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,463 Posts
Just looked at a pic of a 2014 Sierra 4x4 and that emblem by the A pillar looks horrible to me. Looks like someone stuck it on themselves. Bad place for an emblem in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I know on the NBS you could get a 2wd Z71.
Not sure on the NNBS or the N3BS.
I had an NBS 2wd Z71. The sticker was just a plain Z71. No 4x4 or off-road on it.
Looked rather silly, so I took it off.
But I would figure anyone looking at the OP's truck and saw the Z71 "Off-road" sticker, they would assume it was a 4wd.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Your putting too much thought into your stickers.

My truck has the 4x4 stickers on the bed. I still have people asking me if it's a 4wd. You can always add any stickers and badges you want.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
kashmir said:
My 09 has the Z85 suspension package.
I want to get a Z85 sticker (they are available)

That's like 14 better than a Z71 isn't it?
Believe it or not my little truck has the z85 suspension package.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
2014 Silverado double cab 4WD, LTZ Z71
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dukec4s said:
You're better off without the sticker....keep em guessing....
Yeah I like your mentality :cool:

kempy624 said:
Maybe im confused on the hole ordeal, but i wasnt aware that there was a 2wd z71. So if my thoughts are correct wouldnt the z71 clearly indicate that its 4wd.
The 2014's come BOTH in 2wd & 4wd with the Z71 package. I would think that Chevy would segregate the two and label them accordingly BUT that just might break the bank :eek: The GMC line DOES label them properly (almost got one instead of the Chevy).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Even the "other" truck company did this off road packaging to their 2wd pickups. But they were more obvious with it in saying FX2 for the 2wd package, and FX4 for the 4wd package. :lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
gmcultr said:
kashmir said:
My 09 has the Z85 suspension package.
I want to get a Z85 sticker (they are available)

That's like 14 better than a Z71 isn't it?
Believe it or not my little truck has the z85 suspension package.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII
Same here! SCSB Z85. Rides a little rough until theres a load in it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
abailey362 said:
the 14 graphics don't have a 4x4 designation that I've seen.

the z71 suspension package can be put on a 2wd truck, so the nnbs decals came in both z71 and z71 4x4 variants.

looks like the 14s are pretty much 4wd standard besides the wt packages from what I can find on their website

imho, it should only be available on 4wd models. my memories of(and want for) a z71 are from the 98 and earlier body styles. they embodied off road badassness and are one main reason that I bought my truck. now it is only a slightly upgraded set of ranchos, skid plate, decals, and questionably upgraded air cleaner.
you have to get the additional z71 appearance pkg to get body colored mirrors, door handles and front lower bumper. not relly off road awesomeness to me (although my truck has it on there)
Actually,
it's the trucks with the z71 appearance package that have the rancho's,
the ones with the z71 suspension package do not.
Now how's that for logic?
At least the reg z71s get that questionably upgraded air cleaner.

Joe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.