Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 GMC Sierra and have replaced the stereo with an android tablet. Problem: no more safety and warning chimes. Does anyone know of a general schematic for a factory stereo replacement interface / chime retention interface that will serve the same purpose as the products listed below?

Referenced products on the market:
Metra LC-GMRC-LAN-01
GMRC-01
AX-GMLAN29
Scotch GM3000

· Registered
702 Posts
I'm not entirely sure how much this will help. I tried to follow the wires on the Metra unit you posted. There are 4 wires going into the little speaker box. I think it's safe to assume that two are 12v (+ and -), and two are the sound signal.

Using the close up of this photo: http://images2.crutchfieldonline.com/Im ... AN01-F.jpg
It would seem that the pink and red wires are used to source the signal for the chime. I would try throwing a computer speaker or DMM between there and letting the door chime. Should hear the chime or see the jump on the DMM. Stereos tend to use yellow and black as the constant hot and chassis ground.

The bigger issue I see arising is the signal level. The body control module is going to send that signal at a certain level and expect that the head unit is amplifying. If the signal is too low for your new system you won't hear the chime, if it's too high then you risk blowing the amps or speakers. If you find the signal I would recommend connecting it to the amps with the gains at zero and slow build the gain up until you hear the chime.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.