Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

Fair selling price of stock wheels, tires and steps

575 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Alderson 
#1 ·
For a 2016 Texas edition Crew cab. Not a huge fan of the tubular type steps. Thinking about swapping the 20 inch wheels and tires for a 18 inch wheel and larger ATs as well.

#3 ·
FWIW
I just switched from the factory 18" wheels to aftermarket 17" wheels.
It was getting close to time to get new tires and I found that the tire selections was very limited in 18" tires compared to 17" tires. I also found that the same width and circumference tire was about $50 more for 18" compared to the 17". Visually do you think anyone will notice a half inch more or less rim per side. My wallet sure notices $200 every time I change tires. Also the tire That I bought for my last 6 sets that I really like was not available at all in an 18". That kind of sealed the deal.
My new tires and wheels came from Tire Rack with new TPMS sensors all mounted and balanced and even aired up to the correct pressure so they were ready to mount upon arrival.

I sold my OEM tires and wheels with the TPMS sensors and 35K miles on them for $700.

#5 ·
When my last '11 Sierra got totaled, it had aftermarket rims and tires on it. The insurance company (when it came down to the value of my truck) said that I lowered the value of my truck since I put $2000 rims/tires on it, and took off the stock rims that are apparently worth $1000 each.

So for stock wheels, it should be $4000 for the rims alone.

In reality, you can find a set of rims/tires for about $800-1000 Canadian. That's what I found when selling both sets of mine from my trucks.

For the sidesteps, I've seen them listed for $250, I sold both sets of mine for $200 each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.