Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 chevy 2500hd I bought with a plow but does not have the plow package, the truck heats up alittle with the on at all heights, I found online somewhere that the plow package has a differnt fan clutch, my 2004 has the plow package and I can drive down the highway with the blade all the way up and that truck doesn't heat up at all, is there anythin else that differnt between the plow package and trucks without the plow package?

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
2007 does not have a clutch fan it has electric fans?

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
SNOW PLOW PREP PACKAGE includes 10-amp power for backup and roof emergency light, (KW1) 160-amp alternator, forward lamp wiring harness, (TRW) Provision for cab roof mounted lamp/beacon, instrument panel jumper wiring harness for electric trailer brake controller, (K47) high-capacity air cleaner, (KNP) auxiliary external transmission oil cooler and (NZZ) Skid Plate Package (Requires CK10*03 models. Not available with (LU3) Vortec 4.3L V6 MFI engine or (CJ2) dual-zone automatic air conditioning.)

Got that from here http://www.lotpro.com/cars/new/chevrole ... 0/options/

Unless they changed something from 07 - 13 which i doubt, then it seems like the difference is a high capacity air cleaner unless the HD package has that as well. The external transmission oil cooler i believe is included in the HD.

Biggest difference is the front axel weight limit at least in the nbs syle was like 300 pounds more with the snow package.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
gmcultr said:
2007 does not have a clutch fan it has electric fans?

Haven't you upgraded your radiator/fan combo?

Maybe that is an option, the NNBS have cooling issues up front for some reason, that is why the half tons from 2008 and up have the extra hole in the bumper. The 07's had overheating issues when towing long distances.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Yeah... I have... im just saying in 05+ all trucks have electric fans stock. I'd be really shocked to see a clutchfan on an 07

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
That plow in the 07 picture looks massive i was just thinking that its probably just restricting air flow so much that its getting hotter. Going aluminum or better fan or both might be the way to go.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't changed anythin on this truck yet I've only had it a month lol and it has a clutch fan, I thought e fans were only in halftons with the v6? And that's good info thank you, it doesn't have the factory brake controller either but it's got the z71 package(whatever that consists of) and the plow on the 07 is a 7-1/2 HD mm2, the one on the 04 in the pic is an 8' mm2 that came with that truck, I bought the 07 in Connecticut and I love on the other side of southern ri, the truck started to warm up but I just thought it was the truck workin to keep it goin the speed limit, I've never took a truck over the highway with a plow so I wasn't sure if it was normal or not

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Nope all the 1500's from 05+ I thought had efans... my 05 w/5.3 has efans from the factory

This is all so weird to me!

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Ok now that we're done being silly and confused... you could go with a thicker radiator...

·
Premium Member
6,959 Posts
We had fan issues last year on the 6.0 Sierra. Turns out the front of the radiator had a bunch of poo built up on it, so the heat never got to the fan clutch. Driving down the freeway, when the temps would spike, the fan would never know it, and she would cook. All it took was a hose to wash all that stuff off, and we've never overheated it since.

·
Premium Member
6,959 Posts
djlove said:
But were you holding a big steel plate in front?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah. It would only overheat with the plow on, and all the crud prevented the fan clutch from knowing that the radiator was getting hot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.