Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and from Australia. I have a 2009 3500HD Silverado dual cab, dually. These are expensive trucks here in Australia since they have to be imported and converted to RHD. I bought this one to tow a Fornula 271 Fastech boat since nothing else here will do the job. I have a problem with the RH rear blinker not working and the other RH blinkers (front and side) blinking too fast. It is not the bulb and as far as I can tell no power is getting to the socket. So looks like the problem is somewhere back from there. I should, I suppose, test the wires that come to the socket to see if power is getting to them. Is there any other place where it would be common for there to be a fault?

I have been recharging the batteries and had only just reconnected them so I thought it might have been a fuse, but as far as I can tell it is not. Fuses seem OK. Brake lights work which appear from the manual to be on the same fuse as the indicator.

The indicator globe has two filaments. Not sure why. Can any one tell me?

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checked the wires coming into the socket. Does not look like there is power there either, so it is not a loose solder in the socket. Must be back from there somewhere, but where?

Hazard flashers work and flash at the correct rate, only the RH rear blinker does not flash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.