Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a simple question, I bought some bushwacker style pocket flares to add to my 2016. now they match up perfectly but they sent bolts with nylon nuts (9) for each flare.
The problem is they mount so high up you cant access the back to put the nuts on. I know some are called rivet style which is the same thing. What did you guys use to attach them?
I was thinking rivets but I want all black to match the truck. I found these things called well nuts which is a rubber insert with threads on the end. As you tighten it it squezze's the rubber
forming a anchor into the fender. what I mean is you drill the hole then insert this rubber nut. it kinds looks like the plastic things you would use for a plaster or dry wall. when you put the screw in it
expands. I figured no rust, no steel to steel and being rubber no vibration noise. however its always good to check he and see what others did first so any input and photos would help a lot guys before
I try to do this. thanks....

Attachments

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Such a thing called rivnuts. But I don't think you're supped to actually drill into your body panels to install them. If that's what they require I absolutely would not install them. Nor does your truck need them. It looks perfect the way it is. Unless you're lifting it and throwing some big offset wheels on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
I assume you're running spacers. If it were me I wouldn't be adding flares to that truck unless you're lifting it, on a stockish truck it's too much clutter.

But to answer your question emailing bushwhacker would be your best bet for better mounting info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
voodoo do you have any pictures of those? and ferraiolo1 yes a 1 1/2" spacers all around. I'm planning on doing the bds 4 inch system in spring but the higher end kit is a lot of money to spend just before xmas.
so I have to wait until spring. I want to have them on before the snow hits here in new England so I don't get chips and stuff slung all over my new paint this winter. the truck has a 2" ready lift system with rancho 9000's right now

· Registered
2,184 Posts
I think my truck looks just fine with the flares and a level............

I have since put spacers on to push them out a bit............

Although sorry to burst your bubble but even with my flares my tires still toss crap everywhere. they stick out past the bottom of the flare and that's where all your crap comes from. I just ordered running boards. that should do the trick!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.