Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday a cop on my town pulled me over and was flipping because my wheels stick out past the flares. I have like 1.5 inch spacers on my truck with OEM fender flares. Does anyone know of any flares that come out far that would cover the wheels?

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,063 Posts
Bushwacker make a deeper pocket flare which should cover more, but with such an offset like -44, you may be in for more trouble down the road. It's not really safe to have your tires out that far, which is why he probably nabbed you. Unless the truck is lifted 6" minimum, wheels shouldn't be out out more than 1/2-1" from the fender or flares.

10,063 Posts
Also remember, the deeper the flare, the smaller the tire will look. But if you're at 6" + 1.5", I'm guessing you roll of 35's at least.. Be careful removing the old flares too. Good chance you got some rust/rot back there and it will need to be fixed before the new flares go on..

· Registered
875 Posts
I know in texas they can nail you with a ticket for having wheels stick out further than your fenders. But as many times as i have seen those stupid pokes on peoples cars i doubt they enforce it here in houston.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,803 Posts
ericlw said:
I know in texas they can nail you with a ticket for having wheels stick out further than your fenders. But as many times as i have seen those stupid pokes on peoples cars i doubt they enforce it here in houston.
Was gonna say the same thing. These idiots "skatin" on stretched 22's :lol: :lol:

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah running 35s. Just installed the Flares I currently have 10 months ago. Cant imagine its that bad under but will plan to clean it up. I may even use bed liner to just paint the body where the flares go to prevent any rust. I will always run flares.

But yeah I live in a small town where cops have nothing better to do. Ordered the extend a flare hopefully this solves my issue.

10,063 Posts
Yeah, those would be illegal anywhere...pretty sure you can't drive next to that thing.. Hell, if I had a junker truck I'd side swipe the d-bag driving.. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.