Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, so it's been a while since I got a letter from GM stating my truck qualified for a TSB repair covered by them. I was already over the #5 blower setting no longer working..just got used to it over time. But once the #4 setting went the other day, and it has become more erratic overall, like the occasional #5 blast, or not shutting off at all... It's time to fix it.

It is covered under TSB # 11046, in case anyone else has a similar issue. I just replied to another thread, thinking it may be the same..

But it will be good to have a fully working blower in the truck again. It's cold outside now, and waiting for heat on setting #3 pretty much sucks, seeing as I have only 7 miles to work and it never really gets as hot as it can, or should..

Dropping it off tomorrow, should be ready by end of day...

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I'm glad the truck didn't burn to the ground in the mean time. I had a friend whose son's truck burned to the ground due to the harness catching fire in his 2006.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That sounds like the blower motor resistor is going out. Had the exact same problem. 1 and 5 setting went out. 60 dollar part and 10 mins of my time and it was working again. 2003 1500 silverado.

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If GM will cover it for free, I'll let them do it. I'll post again after it's completed...

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dropped off the truck around 7:45, picked it up by 11am. Not bad for timing. The cab did retain some of the dirty garage smell though.. The dealer is in the middle of redoing the service department, so everything is a mess. But no stains or anything bad.

I almost forgot how strong the #5 setting is. They had to replace the switch, all wiring, resistor, harness, and the blower motor itself. So much better now..

And being free is the best..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.