Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! So after stalking the site for a while now, learning all you fine folks have to offer, I decided to join. I don’t know a lot about my truck other than it belonged to a guy named Bob who loved cigars, The Eagles club, and spent his winters in Mexico. The truck is a 2013 Sierra 5.3L Flexfuel 46,500 miles. It’s white, got a lot of chrome things, the seats have butt coolers, and there’s a DVD player in the back seat.

I just ordered a new set of Kumho Road Venture AT51 tires in 275/60/20. A 2” Motofab leveling kit. RC 1.25” body lift. Motofab .25” wheel spacers. And a “Just Wishin I Was Fishin” license plate frame.

I don’t got much to offer but I figured if I was taking knowledge from here the least I could do is join and try to give back. I know my pictures aren’t the best but I will update when I can.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Administrator
7,559 Posts
Sharp truck! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I see you copied your neighbor! Thank him for his great taste in trucks! LOL

Welcome aboard!

Even though the miles are low, put that truck on the severe service schedule and get all the fluids changed. Dirty old oil is AFMs worst enemy, keep your OCIs to 4-5 thousand miles for best performance.

Consider having the engine and transmission tuned, not so much for performance but for improved drivability (how the trans operates) and durability (turning off AFM in the computer).

Your truck looks great! Here is ours:
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud

Reactions: Chevy-SS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see you copied your neighbor! Thank him for his great taste in trucks! LOL

Welcome aboard!

Even though the miles are low, put that truck on the severe service schedule and get all the fluids changed. Dirty old oil is AFMs worst enemy, keep your OCIs to 4-5 thousand miles for best performance.

Consider having the engine and transmission tuned, not so much for performance but for improved drivability (how the trans operates) and durability (turning off AFM in the computer).

Your truck looks great! Here is ours:
View attachment 947926
I appreciate the advice! And thank you for the welcome! I joined a pretty tight knit club on my block. I am now one of three trucks of this same generation!

·
Registered
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 leveled and 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 2wd lowered.
262 Posts
Welcome to the SS forum.

When buying a used vehicle, even with low mileage, it is always a good idea to change all the fluids asap. They way you are resetting and starting the new history of the vehicle with fresh everything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts