Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Rich, that is different than what my dealer said is my issue was (2nd DEF injector). Does the dealer have a quick fix fHope we don't start having problems with the emission system as it changed for 2023 over the LM2 engines.

Man that is a pretty blue!

· Registered
2023 Sierra LZ0
117 Posts
I saw a few the other day at a dealership with black grills on all of them, and they looked real good. lol already looking at changes...

· Registered
2023 Sierra LZ0
117 Posts
Rich, that is different than what my dealer said is my issue was (2nd DEF injector). Does the dealer have a quick fix fHope we don't start having problems with the emission system as it changed for 2023 over the LM2 engines.

Man that is a pretty blue!
Did you see the pics I posted of my i-Dash a few days ago? I just need to figure on what mount I want to use.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Did you see the pics I posted of my i-Dash a few days ago? I just need to figure on what mount I want to use.
Rich, I did see your post on the iDash. Banks is coming out with a mount that attaches right to the hand hold that is suppose to be real clean looking. It should be out any day now. If fact I just called them and they said should be out next week.

· Registered
2023 GMC SIERRA SLT, 3.0 LZ0
16 Posts
Rich, I did see your post on the iDash. Banks is coming out with a mount that attaches right to the hand hold that is suppose to be real clean looking. It should be out any day now. If fact I just called them and they said should be out next week.
I’d be interested in seeing this. I have an IDASH and right now it’s sitting in the cubby hole just in front of the shifter. Hanging it off the grab handle would give me a more direct view of it without having to look down.

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I’d be interested in seeing this. I have an IDASH and right now it’s sitting in the cubby hole just in front of the shifter. Hanging it off the grab handle would give me a more direct view of it without having to look down.
In talking to them they said you remove the cap from the grab handle and take the nut of the bolt holding the bottom of the grab handle on and it attaches there. Like you I want to see it but it sounds like it will look sanitary and be at a good position to read the gauge.

· Registered
2023 Sierra LZ0
117 Posts
You're right I really got spoiled with the duel pod I had in my Colorado diesel. So I'm really interested in the one Rasty found from banks.

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Wheel

· Registered
37 Posts
It looks so good and clean if only it was the same color and grab handle only gripe, driving home the truck seemed like it was stuck in re gen and had a really strong smell like when it was brand new, see what dealers says tom hopefully won’t be out to long but don’t seem good

· Registered
2023 Sierra LZ0
117 Posts
It looks so good and clean if only it was the same color and grab handle only gripe, driving home the truck seemed like it was stuck in re gen and had a really strong smell like when it was brand new, see what dealers says tom hopefully won’t be out to long but don’t seem good
It's funny because when I purchased the pod I actually found the correct paint color as the original factory part. I poped it in to have a quick look at it and thought hmm I like it better black (was the same color as the dash trim) and then started looking for the passenger side grab handle in black. I would have replaced the passenger side If I was able to find one but it was not meant to be! Now I have a rattle can that will probably sit in the garage forever. lol

· Registered
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4x4 3.0 LM2 Duramax
3 Posts
I have a whole 190 miles on my 3.0 and a check engine light came on and the screen states: Service Emission System - See owners manual. Then flashes "In 175 miles speed will be limited to 65 mph.

Nothing in the owners manual and what they gave me as a manual is a booklet that states on the outside "Silverado 1500 Essential Operating and Safety Information". No "owners manual"

Looked up the 3.0 duramax manual on line and couldn't find anything there.

Any help would be appreciated.
I have a 22.5 LTZ with the LM2 and hit the brakes hard the other day ( deer ran out in front of me) and it looked like DEFCON 5 on the dash! Service emission system-90 miles until speed restricted to 65mph...ect... I had to drive it the next day and all of that on the dash disappeared and by the next day check engine light was off and everything was normal? Still taking it to the dealer.....

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have a 22.5 LTZ with the LM2 and hit the brakes hard the other day ( deer ran out in front of me) and it looked like DEFCON 5 on the dash! Service emission system-90 miles until speed restricted to 65mph...ect... I had to drive it the next day and all of that on the dash disappeared and by the next day check engine light was off and everything was normal? Still taking it to the dealer.....
I wonder if during regen for some reason we get that light and message comes on sometimes during regen. When I picked mine back up from the dealer they were non specific to what they did. I did notice that when I got it back my average mileage had gone from 25.3 to 15.1 mpg and there was only one mile more on the odometer, so I wonder if they just put it in high idle to clear the regen.

· Registered
37 Posts
Not a great start for these lzo”s let’s hope this is just a fluke, seems at some point almost everybody who got one had this happen at low miles, not sure if it was connected I did tow very short distance I know somebody else said this happened after they used the tow haul mode with the exhaust break

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Not a great start for these lzo”s let’s hope this is just a fluke, seems at some point almost everybody who got one had this happen at low miles, not sure if it was connected I did tow very short distance I know somebody else said this happened after they used the tow haul mode with the exhaust break
Look at the thread on Regen on LZO got some great stuff discussed about this issue.

· Registered
2023 Sierra LZ0
117 Posts
Dropped off this morning my appointment if for tomorrow time will tell, hopefully they get a chance to look at the truck today, will do Rasty1 may be time to buy the banks myself
Dropped mine off and got it back by end of day. They were able to resolve my hood issue and it looks great without having to "re-clear" the hood.

· Registered
37 Posts
Truck is back. Said it was a software update, cleared code drove it all is welll. They also state possible def contamination and said found aluminum around the def cap, which I Informed them no def or the def cap has yet to be touched. Also said don’t use a scanner tool to check codes as it give The gm scanning tool a hard time when they scan it news to me

21 - 40 of 47 Posts