Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning y'all,

I am thinking about putting a flatbed or hydrabed for hay on my truck, i have always liked the looks of a flatbed on farm and ranch trucks. I raise a cow-calf operation in southern iowa, so the hydrabed with hay rollers will come in handy.

My questions for y'all are: 1) what are y'alls opinion, pros or cons for flatbeds on pickups?

2) any of you guys that do have them, what brands are good and what brands to stay away from?

Thanks guys

Aaron Gladfelder
AK Ranch

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Flat beds are pretty common here in Texas. Most companies tend to be local, so I can't really suggest a brand or anything, but most are good, just make sure it's built right and is strong enough to support the load you want.

Some look better than others, but they serve a purpose and if it's what you need, get one then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We use a Cannonball bed on our Ram 3500. We previously had Hydrabeds on everything.

I prefer the Cannonball. Controls for each arm are independent so you can center what you're loading. It is also a dump bed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.