Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This stuff works so great I felt that we should have a post on what its capabilities are. If you have any pictures (before and/or after) please post them. I did a lot of research on this stuff and talked to some people about the product and I was sold once I bought a can. I don't sell the stuff but just happy to see something that works for a change.

I will be undercoating my truck with Fluid Film once I get the fluids changed on it. I let my co-worker borrow a can of it to get 2 rusted bolts lose. This stuff is magic! :eek: I will be getting rid of the WD-40, PB Blaster, and all of the other lubricants that I have in my garage. :D

I will post some before/after pictures of the undercoating, hopefully this weekend. Can't get nothing done with this stupid daylight savings time. :(

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I may have to check this stuff out. We don't have a big rust problem here in Alabama, but sometimes we get vehicles from up north down here that need work!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use fluid film every day working on CG helicopters. It's a great product in closed spaces to prevent corrosion, and all the things mentioned by previous posts. It however isn't great for areas where wind and water are present such as the underside or a truck. At best it requires reapply every 30 days, when used correctly fluid film is amazing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zombiehunr said:
I use fluid film every day working on CG helicopters. It's a great product in closed spaces to prevent corrosion, and all the things mentioned by previous posts. It however isn't great for areas where wind and water are present such as the underside or a truck. At best it requires reapply every 30 days, when used correctly fluid film is amazing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
They have two different types. I can remember but one only last for so long and the other a good while. You can go to the website, its describes what kind you need for your type of application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.