Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is anyway to realign the bumper? I figured i could loosen the bolts and move it but I looked under there and there's a shit ton of bolts so I figured I'd hit the forums before I started messing things up. I included pics of what I am trying to fix.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just recently had this issue too. I ended up taking the whole bumper assembly off and fixed it myself. It's fairly easy to bend the arms that the bumper mounts to back in place. There are two arms that attach to the top part of the bumper and there are also mounts along the bottom. There's about 12 bolts or so in total, it took me a few hours to get it completely off because the bolts were rusted. I ended up having to use a pair of channel locks to hold the bolts to the bumper so I could get the nut off.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
So mine has been slightly off since I bought it, crawled under a few times and thought I had it but never quite perfect. I've searched on here several times, but have never really found the solution either. Can anyone out there post pics of the bolts in question?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
doing my body lift it was a pain in the butt to get it to realign i got 1 side about perfect but the other iw still outta wack but at least even from front to back, but for the part you are doing you should be able to loosen the 4 nuts that hold the bumper on ( if you lay down n get uder the truck they will be right under the grille above the tow hooks, they have a solid metal piece welded to a 2 stud assembly) loosen those up and push up on the bumper after that tighten them down and see if that works.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Thanks for the description....every time I've been under I've been looking around the fog lights, figured they'd be bolted further out. It's one of those things....mine is only off by fractions of an inch, half the time I feel like I'm seeing things, the other part of the time I figure it's almost not worth toying with and possibly screw things up worse.

·
Registered
116 Posts
After trying, it appears that it's these 2 bolts (4 total, 2 per side)

20131111_152923-picsay.jpg

I was able to adjust mine though with loosing these 3 bolts (per side), moving the bumper where I wanted it, and having someone hold it in place while I retightened it back up.

20131111_152938-picsay.jpg

My passenger side turned out good, I need to pull the bumper off still and bend the bracket a little for the driver side to finish it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.