Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new 2023 Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew cab 6.2 l. I live in a state that requires a front mounted license plate and there is no bracket available anywhere yet that I can find for this model. I guess I will just have to zip tie the plate to the front bumper.

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,682 Posts
I thought it was the dealers responsibility to install a front license plate mount if the vehicle is sold in a state that requires a front plate.

Reactions: roorancher

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it was the dealers responsibility to install a front license plate mount if the vehicle is sold in a state that requires a front plate.
I bought it in a different state that doesn't require it, I'm guessing they weren't required to provide one if I'm going to license it in a state that does. I did contact the dealership to see if they can find me one but haven't heard back.

· Registered
2023 1500 High C 3.0 4x4 crew cab with super cruise
78 Posts
The dealer has them. I told them not to mount it even though my state requires it. They said they don’t unless requested and just left it in the truck. I am not putting it on as I drive it more in states that don’t require it. Really stupid law. I doubt they even pull anyone for it anymore. I am not even going to worry about getting it inspected. It’s brand new, screw ‘em. Hope they spend their time going after some real criminals.

· How-To Author, TOTM
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
6,014 Posts
They will pop you for it in Texas but it is pretty rare that they do.
Here's a little factoid for you Evan....and BTW...I don't have a front plate on either TA...

I think it was 94 when the Texas Legislature rewrote the front license plate statute into the transportation codes, because as you know, some vehicles don't require it....
Anyway, when the statute was codified, the legislature neglected to designate what court is responsible to levy a fine or a judgement. Therefore, technically speaking, a cop can write the ticket, but there isn't a court to hear the case, and ot can be easily challenged.

Reactions: shakenfake

· SilveradoSierra Guru
1999 Silverado LT LQ4 2006 Sierra SLT LBZ
4,541 Posts
Interesting roo thanks for the tip.

I think I'll ditch the front plate on the Impala, looks so out of place lol

· Registered
2023 1500 High C 3.0 4x4 crew cab with super cruise
78 Posts
What I don’t get is how these people ride around with these dark tinted covers on their rear plates which makes it impossible to read and not get pulled over constantly?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
Sierra 1500 4x4
10 Posts
I don't see anything on Rock Auto for a 2023 Silverado.
[/QUOTE]
My bad I misread the year on your post. I found a universal one at O’Reilley’s (Cruiser Accessories I think) for
$6.99, I’m using it on my 2019.

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,659 Posts
The only reason I see to put one on, in your case....it just gives a cop a reason to pull you over. I'll never understand the concern over the aesthetic of a front plate, on any vehicle, especially a truck...lol

· Registered
9 Posts
A lot of it has to do with license plate readers and law enforcement radar speed equipment. Then they can see the plate number as they come at you. The newer radad stuff (for many years now), can get you speed coming at you.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine is ziptied right now but I'm looking for another way to mount it that will look better. If I find a way, I'll post it!
Found it: GM Part # 86772168 "Bracket Frt Lic" Bracket 86772168 | GMPartsNow. I know this because my local GM dealer ordered me one, which cost $37, the one in the link is cheaper !! It fits my 2023 perfect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts