Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I had the truck on blocks for brake work,I decided to test the 4 wheel drive. I noticed that the front passenger side spins but the drivers side don't. This is even on Automatic 4 wheel,4 hi and 4 low. Is this normal or a sign something is wrong? I already know the rear divers side is not spinning due to the rear diff going bad. Just wondering if the front is too.....

· Registered
1,297 Posts
wildchevy said:
Normal, the front axle doesn't have a locker of any type so the wheel with the least resistance will drive, if you locked up the right front the left front will then spin.
Indeed, it isnt awd so it doesnt have a center differential which would drive all 4 wheels at same time. The older 3rd gen toyota 4runners had an option to have that, similar to subarus setup.

On another note incase anyone does get stuck and 4wd isnt helping as much. Lock the parking brake slightly so it has drag-locks the rear wheels together. The g80 does work but locking the rear together works sometimes as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.