Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck needs a new fuel pump. I was wondering on what "brand" of fuel pump to buy. Should I spend the extra coin on a name brand or go cheap? AC Delco? Does anybody have any input or expirience with this?

-Thank you for your time

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I found delcos for a real reasonable price somewhere.... after I had biught an airtex.. ive put over 90,000 miles on that airtex pump... but if I had it to do over again with the delcos I found... I would have went with ac delco... they were I think $20 more than what I oaid for the airtex on partsgeek.com... i'll look through my saved webpages when I get home and try to find a link to the delco pump...

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Delco or Delphi.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I'll show you my airtex then you can see one that's made almost 100,000 miles.

I couldn't find the cheap delco pumps I had found one time... but they were like 20-30 more than the airtex I had already ordered :( for that little I would have went delco.

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got aa 5.3L V8 as well, just want to throw out a recommendation for the Delphi FG0053, it's an OEM replacement and as it turns out there are a few improvements to the system. Namely, the filter is no longer external and the sensor has been swapped (will require maybe 15 minutes to cut and crimp cables) - but the new Delphi works quite a bit better. Materials have been changed and it's rated to last longer than original OEM (which.. I got ~145K miles, so I'm thinking no pump replacement for at least another 150kmi).

Swapping the pump out yourself is easy as hell, PM me and I can make you a write-up/technical if you'd like. Took me ~5hrs, and I'm not a mechanic. Fun sunday project!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.