Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys(and ladies). I have a question for somebody that can point me in the right direction. I have the opportunity to buy the full set of L.E.D replacements for the exterior of the truck. I have been reading everything I can about this and either I can't find the answers or I am just not getting it through my thick skull. :shock:
I know I need diodes or flashers. From what I read I would like to do it the easiest way and I am thinking that is Flashers. Can someone point me to the ones I would need?? If I go to the page for that they all seem alike!!! What do I need and how many??

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
It depends what year. The newer trucks don't have a replaceable flasher as it's in the bcm settings. So you need resistors for the turn signals.

Also sometimes you run into issues with the cruise control with leds, especially the 3rd brake light.

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Yep, 19trax95 mirrored my concerns on this as well. If the blinkers didn't come with resistors or have them built in, then you would need to add them to prevent hyperflashing. And, as stated, LED's can sometimes cause the cruise control to not function (especially in the third brake light). One think I might also add is that if you are converting to LED Headlights as well, you might wind up with some undesirable beam patterns. They are kind of hit and miss in stock housings.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I think I will forget the Headlight option Maybe just the other lights such as taillights,backup lights and maybe the 3rd brake light and cargo light?? Not sure if the bulbs come with the resisters or not so where can I get the ones I would need? Like I said it looks all the same to me when looking online! Your saying if I replace the 3rd brake light I might end up disabling the cruise?? Is that the only light that would affect the cruise?

By the way its a 2015

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
I am not sure of what rating of resistor you need, but you can get them at a radio shack store for cheap. And yes, it seems the 3rd brake light is the only one that affects the cruise for some reason and it is not always a factor...maybe a resistor on that would solve that problem as well.

Some one else can let you know the type of resistor you need for the turn signals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.