Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a post saying if u want to know your gear ratio u look inside the glovebox. I found the sticker but how do I know which code to look at? This sticker has a bunch if codes...yea i feel silly but its driving me bananas.

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
16,428 Posts
Well, you can also punch your vehicle vin into this site and it will tell you what the truck came from the factory with.
http://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php
That site will tell you a whole lot more about your truck as well.

Or download this file and look for your RPO list in the glove box and it should have one that matches one of these:

GT4 Rear axle, 3.73 ratio
GU4 Rear axle, 3.08 ratio
GU5 Rear axle, 3.23 ratio
GU6 Rear axle, 3.42 ratio

There is also gear ratios over 4 but I don't know what they are off hand

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
19,431 Posts
GT5 is 4.10 and G80 is the locking diff. Those along with the ones listed above are the only ones you'll have stock.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
I tried the vin decoder but I already have all my info. The decoder jus gave the base model info and available options. The rpo code was in the box though.

3.42 on mine... Anyone have the 3.08... Just curious one the mileage. I considered that when buying mine but it dropped the towing lower than what I wanted.

· Registered
2,596 Posts
I have the 3.08, just bought the truck about a week ago, the mileage driving back from Santee to Temecula doing about 75 in wet conditions (meaning having to speed up and slow down due to traffic and changing road conditions, also playing with the pedal a little bit) I averaged about 19.8 mpg. My trucks an extended cab with the 6.5ft bed so probably a little bit lighter than the CC. This is also a rather hilly route so downshifts to keep speed occurred fairly frequently and it was only about 50 miles.
First post so let me know if I did something wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.