Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i want to swap out my gears for possibly 3.73's. Question is will my stock carrier accept the 3.73 or do i need a new carrier? if so whats the lowest rear i can run on my stock carrier. trying to figure out something quick because i bought a Nelson tune and it will be getting programmed tomorrow so need to figure on gears ir not for the tune. thanks fellas. o yea. my truck is a 2012 silverado 2wd 4.8 im running 24's on 30 series tires. (30") high

·
Registered
761 Posts
You can if it was a 4x4 the 3:42 would be all you could run do to the stock carrier in the front diff. and if you wanted more then 3:42 in a 4x4 you'd just order a new carrier from 4wheelparts but since your 4x2 you'll be able to go with 3:73. I've been down this road when I had my 11 z71 with 3:08, I was going to put 3:73 in it but just choose to move to a max trailer package.

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off thanks for the intel, so I can run a 3.73 with my stock carrier?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome thanks for the input, I was seeing mixed answers from others that asked this question, what whould I need beside the ring and gear?

·
Registered
706 Posts
ya, the rear carrier will allow the 3.73. The front carrier on a 4x4 is where ya have issues. Thats why i have not regeared myself. Not as east as just swapping ring and pinion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have read about the "installl kit" if anyone can let me know a part # or something so i can get everything ordered that i will need to get it done, thanks again fellas

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'd call up 4wheelparts and they will help you with gear choices and any other questions or parts you may need. When I was going to do a gear swap that's who I called and they are top notch.

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm currently running 3.73 in my truck. Originally came with 3.23s in the rear!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.